Monday 28 December 2015

Hake with fennel, tomatoes and sea vegetables

Well, it's been a while. Sorry,but we have been travelling and of course there was Christmas. There have been many food experiences and I hope I can catch up on some of them.  However, tonight we took some Cape Hake from Reagal Fish out of the freezer and it was delicious, so I thought I share. I wrapped the hake in kitchen foil with some garlic, olive oil, lemon slices & juice and put it in the oven at 180C for 15 minutes. About 20 minutes before I did something similar with a head of fennel. I sliced it, put salt & pepper, olive oil, garlic slices, lemon juice and some cherry tomatoes with it, wrapped it and put it in the same oven. In the end I wilted some samphire and sea beet with a little butter and salt in a frying pan. The result was lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment