Sunday 14 February 2016

Valentine's Dinner

After travelling for the lat few weeks, I finally had the chace to do a bit of cooking for Valentine's.
I was informed that it was delicious ;-)

From one of my trips to Paris, I brought back some escargot, which we had as the starter..


While the star of the main course was beef I loved finding this one while doing the mushroom side dish.


Perfect for Valentine's.

The main was fillet of beef topped with foie gras de canard with confit of figs. The sides were mushrooms (as you might have guessed from the previous picture), romanesco cauliflower and a reduction of red whine and cherry tomatoes.


We just didn't need any filler to go with that. Particularly as the desert was...


Fig with a honey & yogurt dressing with pistachios and Greek honey.

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment