Sunday 5 February 2017

Moules et Frites

Got the idea from the current Waitrose magazine. It was delicious!


Finely chopped 2 shallots, 2 cloves of garlic and a small leak. Added them and 200ml of dry white wine, salt and pepper into a large pan and slowly reduced the wine to almost nothing. Then I added another 200ml of the wine and turned off the heat. While this was infusing I cleaned two nets of mussels. About half an hour before servicng I pre heated the oven to 220C. After putting the fries into the oven (approx 20 minutes), I started to re-heat the pan and then added the mussels. Once they had opened I remove them with a slotted spoon into a pre-warmed pan. I then added about 200ml double cream and a knob of butter (actually I used clover) and let that reduce a bit. Finally I added 2 tabelspoons each of chopped parsley and tarragon, poured that sauce over the mussels and served.

The whole family loved it, but we found that it is much more filling than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment