Thursday 5 November 2015

Dinner at "The Kensington Quarter"

So, tonight I was in London. The starter was "Crispy Calamari with green pepper sauce"


The calamari were absolutely super. But the sauce tasten more like hoisin sauce than green pepper. It was still delicious and perhaps I just didn't get it.

For main I had "Pan fried Lancaster Duck with Fondant Potatoes, Braised Cabbage and Orange Sauce".


I personally prefer my duck a little bit more on the pink side, but is was still lovely and tender. Well, when reading "braised cabbage" I assumed green cabbage, but that just goes to show that you shouldn't assume. Red cabbage was certainly the better choice and worked beautifully with the orange sauce. Not quite sure what the orange and green swirls were, but they did taste delicious.

So, all in all, I really enjoyed the dinner and the staff have been great, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment